Sturdy & Smart Components
A clean break of the traction bolt, following a force of 5,280 – 8,820 pounds at the plow point, avoids the risk of nuisance shearing. The traction bolt system is an economical protection system that avoids the wear associated with shear bolt systems.
Non-Stop Hydraulic (NSH) Reset
When a field obstacle is met, a rapid breakaway of the plow leg occurs. Once the obstacle is passed there is an increase in pressure, bringing the bottom quickly and firmly back into working position. The system also acts as a shock absorber in rocky ground, increasing plow life.
Wheel Angle Correction
The patented wheel angle correction system optimizes the way the plow pulls through the field, adjusting the angle of the wheel to ensure the moldboards are running in-line with the tractor’s direction of travel. This reduces fuel consumption and creates very consistent furrows, especially when utilizing GPS or RTK steering assistance.
Moldboards are made of unequal layer, heat-treated Triplex steel that have an increased working life up to 40% over standard steel and a hard-wearing surface over 1/8” thick.
Moldboard & Point Options
- L Moldboard: The L moldboard is a multi-purpose design that works especially well for in-furrow plowing. Its design cuts a wide furrow bottom to accommodate large tractor tires. The L moldboard will also create varying field finishes depending on the working speed. Slower speeds make more pronounced furrows, while faster speeds provide a flatter field finish.
- H4 Moldboard: The H4, helicoidal, Scandinavian-type moldboard provides well-formed plowing to a normal depth range of 7-12”. The share is fitted with a reversible/replaceable point that greatly increases the life of the share. Recommended for fall plowing, the H4 moldboard is especially suited for heavy and damp clays. Furrow passes are well defined and trash burial is excellent.
- N Moldboard: The helico-cylindrical N moldboard plows to a depth of 14”. Designed to be highly versatile, it is cylindrical at front, helicoidal at rear. A low draft ensures a partly broken furrow with excellent trash burial. Recommended for spring plowing, this moldboard is versatile and works well in sandy or clay soils.
- VP Slatted Moldboard (optional): The VP slatted moldboard composed of independent and interchangeable slats. Reduces pulling power, due to a lower moldboard surface area. Designed for use in extremely sticky muck and clay soils. Not for use in sand or loam soils or in soils with rocks or stones. The multiple slats allow individual replacement from wear.
- Olympic®: Reversible for maximum efficiency. More pronounced shape at wearing zones on the point for longer life and better protection of the landside. Point is self-sharpening for good ground penetration at all times.
- Super Marathon®: Fitted with a tungsten carbide tip. High wear resistance with four to five times the life of a traditional share point. A sharp working edge is maintained for excellent ground penetration. Excellent for highly abrasive soils without rocks or stones.
Enhance your In-Field Productivity
An On-land version is available to enhance productivity. Conditions sometimes require wide or dual tires that cannot be used for in-furrow plowing. If the tractor is setup for other applications that require duals or wide tires, with the on-land version it is no longer necessary to dismount the wheels in order to use the tractor for plowing.
Ease of use is always important when handling large machinery. With standard hydraulic sequencing, there are fewer hydraulic valves to operate on headlands. Hydraulic sequencing also allows for automatic folding of the offset when the plow is being lifted.
Like other plows in the KUHN lineup, the Multi-Leader XT offer optional skimmers to aid in the complete burial of sod and/or crop residue. The Multi-Leader XT skimmers are a new and patented “3D” design featuring easy, tool-free adjustments. Simply pulling and repositioning the pin (shown above in green) changes both the depth and attack angle of the skimmer. In addition, the shape of the skimmer and mount helps to facilitate smooth residue and soil flow through the plow.
Combined Depth and Transport Wheels
A defining characteristic of plows in the KUHN Leader family, the single large wheel serves two main purposes. In the transport position, the rollover cylinders are locked in the “halfway” position, and the wheel bears most of the plow’s weight. When working in the field, the wheel serves as a depth regulator. The operator can remove or install spacers (arrow) to increase or decrease the wheel’s travel range. These spacers require no tools and are located under a cover to reduce soil buildup.